My position on the Convention of States has been clear: it’s dangerous and could lead to chaos, secession or worse: A “New” globalist constitution with all the “rights” that the UN will allow us to have – precious little. Remember what the original UN human rights document, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights says at articles 14, 29 and 30 (emphasis added):
(1) Everyone has the right to seek and to enjoy in other countries asylum from persecution.
(2) This right may not be invoked in the case of prosecutions genuinely arising from non-political crimes or from acts contrary to the purposes and principles of the United Nations.
(1) Everyone has duties to the community in which alone the free and full development of his personality is possible.
(2) In the exercise of his rights and freedoms, everyone shall be subject only to such limitations as are determined by law solely for the purpose of securing due recognition and respect for the rights and freedoms of others and of meeting the just requirements of morality, public order and the general welfare in a democratic society.
(3) These rights and freedoms may in no case be exercised contrary to the purposes and principles of the United Nations.
Nothing in this Declaration may be interpreted as implying for any State, group or person any right to engage in any activity or to perform any act aimed at the destruction of any of the rights and freedoms set forth herein.
No thanks, I’ll keep the Constitution we have. And I say this with all due respect to Michael Farris, Esq. (I voted for him for Lieutenant Governor!) and the former Congressman and Senator from Oklahoma and still hero of mine, Tom Coburn. Coburn will be at our Bell Tower on the Capitol Square next Thursday (assuming we do not have another giant snow storm! ) on January 28 at 10 am. I want to go and try to meet him (he wrote this book that ought to be a manifesto for anyone running for Congress and I would try to find it and get him to sign it next Thursday.) at that time!
But I have this huge integrity problem (what little integrity I have left!) – I am utterly opposed to the Convention of States. I cannot pretend to say yea to what Senator Coburn is doing by meeting him and still oppose the Convention of States. I want to bring my own sign there and maybe have a few friends who agree with me that we can best restore the Republic by electing good men and women to state and national office who will respect the Constitution we have now!
Anyone with me? My idea for a sign would be:
THE COS COULD LEAD TO SECESSION and A NEW GLOBAL CONSTITUTION!!!
Remember, it was done before: In 1787. A secret cabal exceeded their authority and foisted a new governing document on the people. Thank the Lord Jesus the men who went to this first Convention of States loved liberty and their nation first! It cannot be said for that today.
Can comment here at the blog if you will be there. Can someone make my sign for me? Bring it to me at ten AM Thursday? I might have to miss meeting Senator Coburn after all…but people have sacrificed far more than that for the Constitution of the United States.
Article written by: Elwood "Sandy" Sanders