We have a lot of RINO’s in Virginia. And in the nation as a whole. RINO’s – Republicans in Name Only – are responsible for the leftward lurch of the Republican Party. And one thing I have noticed is that they all believe themselves to be Conservatives and they all believe they are moderate Republicans. I am convinced that they actually do really believe this.
But I think the area where they are fooling themselves is in the way they measure the terms moderate and Conservative.
Their measuring stick is not based on the Constitution, nor is it based on a constant and stationary point on the political spectrum. Rather, it is based on the current position of the Democrats. They self-define Moderate and Conservative as being just a little to the right of the Democrats (and the media). And I think even the RINO’s would quickly admit that the Democrats are and have been racing to the left at such a pace that they are now indistinguishable from Socialists. Or Marxists, take your pick. And a valid argument could be made that they have moved so far to the left that Socialism and Marxism are almost Conservative values as far as the Democrats are concerned. Certainly the Democrats consider their far left Party of today to be the new mainstream, which is constantly in motion leftward.
So the Republicans, many of whom are staunch followers and lovers of Ronald Reagan, have become followers, constantly moving left. Ever chasing the Democrats further and further to the left in an effort to remain moderate, as measured by the Democrat’s political position du jour.
And when the RINO’s stop and take a look at where most of the people in the Republican Party are politically today from the vantage point of their constantly leftward moving position, they see those of us who have stood our ground, or misguidedly followed the RINO’s to the left for a while and corrected our course, as far right wing extremists. They believe we have moved to the right, when it is they who have moved.
It is impossible to know if the RINO’s position on Conservatives is one of deception or delusion. Or perhaps a combination of both.
Politicians in general are masters of deception. For example, Eric Cantor delivered his speeches about smaller, limited government, balanced budgets and Conservative principles with aplomb. He sounded sincere and fooled a lot of people for a long time. But when you examined his record you understand that politicians are quite accomplished in saying one thing and doing another while using sleight of hand show votes to fool the people at home. Cantor would point to dozens of votes to repeal Obamacare, for instance, none of which ever stood a chance of becoming law, while funding the Health Care Leviathan as keeper of the purse. And Paul Ryan has already mastered this art as he points to the legislation to repeal Obamacare and de-fund Planned Parenthood that he sent to Obama’s desk. Which was promptly vetoed. And now Ryan promises a veto override that has exactly zero chance of passing.
More theater. More show voted that mean nothing. But they fool the people at home.
The RINO’s are fooled at least.
Eric Cantor was shown the door last year. We know what he was doing.
Now it would be incorrect of me to write that the Republican Party has become more conservative since Obama came into office in 2009. A lot of us were blindly following the Republican leadership as they chased after the Democrats sprinting to the left. A lot of sleeping Republicans woke up and realized we were following so called leaders who were not leading, but rather were following the Democrats down Socialism Highway.
We put on the brakes and went back to the starting blocks. Back to the old time Conservatism of Ronald Reagan. And yes, we shunned the Progressive “Conservatism” as redefined almost daily by the RINO Contingency of the Republican Party.
But this weekend, I was astonished to read a Facebook post by Virginia’s former two term Lt. Governor Bill Bolling.
Bolling is one of those RINO’s who has been drifting left for years and seems blissfully ignorant of his leftward lunge. Perhaps it was more subtle than a lunge. We can just call it a leftward drift.
Now Bolling has come to despise those of us that are true Conservatives. He is oblivious of the fact that he has been in hot pursuit of the now Socialist Democrats in an effort to remain a moderate mainstream Republican. You see, he believes the equally Socialistic Media that says Republican must be “moderates” in order to win elections. Bolling has reached a point in his political prism that he finds Democrats like Terry McAuliffe more his politically ideological mate than the Conservatives in his own party. He even shunned Conservative Republican Ken Cuccinelli (along with many of his fellow RINO’s) and at the very least put up no resistance to the McAuliffe victory. At worse, he helped the Democrats win.
So does it really come as a surprise to learn the Bolling also despises GOP front-runner Donald Trump and runner up Ted Cruz? It shouldn’t.
Bill posted this on Facebook Sunday:
When I saw that, I headed straight for the comments section to have my say on this delusional post. Ronald Reagan would have demanded Bolling be kicked out of the party.
Bolling and the candidates he has supported have put this country $19 trillion in debt, nearly 1/3 of the nation is not working and the entire country is a racial and political powder keg on the verge of a meltdown.
The “fears” that he is talking about and the “division” in America are due to the policies his RINO buddies have allowed. Or instigated. Amnesty, refugees, illegal aliens, debt and a massive federal government are the RINO legacy. And the candidates that support these atrocities are not responsible candidates, they are irresponsible big government Progressive Republicans who will do nothing to change the spiral of destruction we are in, but will support the status quo.
Bolling is completely incapable of understanding that the appeal of Trump and Cruz by Republicans is a complete and utter rebuke of the “moderate, mainstream” Republicanism that has guided America to the brink of total destruction. Since Reagan left office, Bush the Elder and Bush the Younger were the direct cause of the Clintons and Obama.
Debt, wars, death and destruction has been the path America has been sprinting down. Be a Bush or a Clinton or an Obama. America has lost her soul since Reagan left.
You can blame it on the Democrats all you want, but without the assistance and acquiescence of the Republican Party that Bill Bolling thinks has been responsible this could not have happened. His “responsible” candidate, no doubt another Bush or Rubio, or worse, would indeed be responsible. Responsible for more debt, wars, death and destruction. His “responsible” candidates will not do a single thing to reverse the course we are on.
Yea. That was what I wanted to say. But you know what? I didn’t have to. Dozens of people had already responded and said it all. And much more. And there were a few RINO’s that agreed with Bolling, but they were a tiny minority.
Here are some of the responses. I will leave out the names, but this post is still up on Facebook. See for yourself here.
- People are discouraged with politicians.
- The people are trying to send a message, they’re tired and want change, real change not just words
- How can anyone vote straight party lines when you tells us one thing an do another.People are so fed up with the status quo and the do nothing Washington takes care of themselves an not the voters shame on you.Its not fear that is driving people to Trump its Washington. He has enough money he can’t be bought like so many in Washington.97000 people are no longer in the work force,Welfare is thriving.It pays to be illegal.Veterans aren’t being taken care of,500 day wait to be evaluated .This country is a mess.I’m sick of the politicians double talk .Hopefully term limits will be set on these lifer dead beats
- If the Republican Party would listen to the people instead of business as usual and doing nothing but trying their job.
- That’s what ALL politicians do Virginia, tell people what they WANT to hear. How many other jobs can you work for 2-6 years and come out a millionaire.
- Ted Cruz is the True conservative here. The Republican establishment is afraid of him.
- The Republican party needs to get its act together and quit acting like Democrats. People are tired of being lied to.
- Cruz isn’t a conservative. Not when he supports govt. overreach instead of the citizens in Oregon.
The Republican party will continue to be a party of losers as long as it tries to be the same thing as Democrats, except for taking stands on social issues that are backward and turn people off. Republicans say one thing, but they govern exactly like Democrats. People know this. And people are angry enough that they’re willing to hang their hopes on a guy like Trump – who might well build the fence, but he’ll be just as statist as the rest.
- What they say about Trump they used to say about Reagan in 76
- The party can’t get out a message to save it’s life. LIke it or not, Trump’s been the loudest message ever heard.
- Bottom line is most Americans are tired of the establishment, myself included…the narrowing margins are ridiculous, John Boehner is a disgrace, Paul Ryan isn’t much better, the RNC is out of touch, and the old guard on both sides care more about their respective political affiliations than the American people. In response to what most Americans fear, their fear is real and continues to be validated….that’s what happened to the party.
- It is because Trump and Cruz are saying the things we are all seeing.
- I think the GOP is a lost cause due to it’s lack of leadership
- America is tired of the PARTY no matter which side you are on! They care about America not the PARTY! If the Congress, Senate and President did the same we wouldn’t be in the state we are in and going down the road we are going! We are all tired of our elected officials just wanting to do what is best for themselves! Trump is a business man and really knows more about dealing foreign Gov.s than any other candidate that I have seen! I agree it is scary but the raod we are on isn’t getting America anywhere but wrecked!
- I do not believe anyone in our party loves Mr. Reagan and what be stood for more than me, but remember he was the outsider when be ran, the establishment wanted Bush. I don’t think the problem is with what the party finds conservative, it is what the establishment t wants to call conservative. Like it or not Trump is simply brave enough to say what most of us are thinking and the pc police tell us we cannot. I will also remind you, Trex was sent to Washington as a VP so the political establishment could nuetralize him. He seems to have been OK as President.
- Bill, I can answer that question. We’ve been ignored for 4-7 years and we are in search of a leader. It doesn’t appear anyone can bring a stop to the Socialism agenda on the current team…..
- The party left Reagan a long time ago.
- The Republican party is to blame for Trump. They were given a shot in 2010 and have done nothing. Said they needed the Senate. We gave them the Senate and they have done nothing. They just keep giving in to obama without anything in return and he keeps blaming them for all that’s broken. We want someone that will stand up for our values. Is there risk? Yes but at this point no one is stepping up. Bush has shown us just how weak he is. The people like Cruz and Paul have been demonized by the mainstream GOP. Let’s face it, it is time for change.
And there are many, many more.
You see, Bill, you represent the failures of the last couple of decades. Your Milquetoast brand of “Conservatism” is an ever changing experiment in redefinition. People have blindly followed the GOP for years. Like robots (or Cantor Zombies) marching to the polls, voting straight Republican and expecting things to get better. Expecting Republicans to keep their promises. Can’t you see it? We have supported losers like McCain and Romney. We supported “W” and he managed to make Obama appealing. Nothing will change if we nominated Bush, Rubio, Christie, Kasich or any of the RINO pack. It will be more of the same.
Trump, Cruz, Carson and Fiorina have had such appeal because they are not moderate mainstream Republicans who are responsible for the state we find ourselves in.
We tried it your way. We followed you. In your second administration Republicans were given the three top offices in Virginia. We ended up with the largest tax hike in Virgin9ia history and a governor who is praying the Supreme Court will hear his corruption case and keep him out of jail.
In 2010 we gave Republicans the House and took the gavel from Nancy Pelosi. In 2014 we added the Senate to the Republican column. And what has changed?
Nothing! Not a damn thing.
John Boehner squandered his power and it became his downfall. The Senate has done absolutely nothing. Paul Ryan gave Obama everything he dreamed of and more. Pelosi and Harry Reid marveled at the stupidity of the Republicans cave on the Omnibus bill and wouldn’t have dared to spend money that recklessly. Your “responsible” RINO’s were ridiculed by the likes of Pelosi and Reid for their spending. And it was not even Conservative spending. It was the left’s bucket list.
And Cruz is being rewarded for having the stones to shut down the government over Conservative principles. And what do you do, Bolling? You ridicule him. You promise Dave Brat that you will not forget his “betrayal” in voting against Boehner. Brat actually listened to the voters, something the 7th District was not accustomed to under the Cantor machine.
The people who are supporting Trump and Cruz want a candidate that will address the problems facing America.
We have a president now who is proud of leading from behind. But what Americans find even more disgusting than “leading from behind” is leaders who chase Democrats.
We are fed up. We have watched the RINO Republicans fail to deliver on a single promise over and over again.
This time we have choices. This time we have an opportunity to actually elect a candidate that won’t cave in as soon as he is elected.
You may remember Conservatives who vote against the status quo, but America remembers the lies and broken promises you “moderate” Republicans have inflicted on her.
And God willing the Republican Party will soon turn back to the true Conservatism that is Ronald Reagan’s legacy.
Article written by: Tom White